The following procedures are prepared based on the interface of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (HK), the settings on other Outlook versions and Outlook Express and other Mail software would be similar.
IMAP mail keeps all your emails on Mail Server. You can use the same account at different locations, you can also check your emails by Webmail. Therefore, you may require more Hosting Space.
1. Enter Account SettingsOpen Outlook, on its top toolbar,
Select Tools > Accounts Settings...
2. Select "New Account"
3. Select ServiceClick Next
4. Select Manual SettingsCheck the "Manual Settings..." box and then click "Next"
6. Fill in the account information
- Email Address
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Server & Outgoing Server(This information is included on the account information sent to you by BBC's Customer Service Officer, Usually, it is the same as your Domain Name）
- Username（Same as your email address）
- Password（The password you set on DirectAdmin Panel when creating this account)
7. Delete ItemsUnder Purge Options, check "Purge items when switching folders while online". By using this setting, the "Deleted Email" would be deleted permanently.
8. Outgoing Email SettingsCheck "My SMTP server required authentication"
9. Extra SettingsClick "Advanced" Tab
Some ISP blocks port 25 of Outgoing (SMTP) Server. In case you cannot send email, try to set the Port to 587
10. Click "Next"
11. Click "Finish"